Monday, March 4, 2013

NARS Eyeshadow Duo: Kalahari - Review + Swatches!

Hey everyone,
Today I wanted to share with you guys one of my favourite eyeshadow duos of all time, NARS Kalahari. I have a pretty wide range of neutral eye shadows in my collection, but after hearing so much about this duo and swatching it for myself, I knew that I had to have it. Hey, a girl can never have enough neutral shadows, right? ;)

The NARS website describes these shades as 'gold confection' and 'sugared cocoa' which is probably the oddest description for an eye shadow that I have ever heard.  The shade on the left is more of a warm golden bronze (fairly similar to MAC Woodwinked) while the shade on the right is a cool taupe.  Both shades are sort of metallic with a frosty finish.


The formulation of these shadows are so fantastic! They're so smooth and buttery and as a result, they blend very easily. The pigmentation of both these shadows is really great, as well. In terms of how long these shadows wear, it really depends on whether you have oily lids or not, but if you wear a shadow primer, they should last 8+ hours.


This product comes encased in NARS' iconic black rubber compact case. Each product comes with a full lid sized mirror of pretty good quality. The case collects fingerprints and dirt very easily though, which is unfortunate.

These duos contain 4 g/0.14 oz of product for $38 CND and $34 US. Kalahari can be found wherever NARS products are found!

Ultimately, this duo contains two gorgeous, well formulated neutral shades.  If you're looking for a nice, versatile eye shadow duo and are willing to spend the money, I would definitely recommend Kalahari.

  

4 comments:

  1. Love the shades, really stunning dark colours! Always love NARs pallettes and the quality x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try one of these NARS duos but they are so pricey!Seems like they are worth it tho :-).
    Just began following you!
    Check out my blog when you get a sec!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine how the texture feels against your skin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...