Saturday, February 23, 2013

MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow: Review + Swatches!

Hey everyone,
Satin Taupe is without a doubt one of MAC's most raved about eye shadows.  After swatching it in store, I knew that I had to have it, but ultimately decided not to purchase it.  I dropped a few very 'subtle' hints that I wanted it for Christmas, and ended up getting it. I am so glad I did, because Satin Taupe has very quickly become one of my all time favourite versatile eye shadow shades.


The MAC website describes this as a 'taupe with silver shimmer', but it is so much more than that. It's a darker, kind of brown taupe with subtle purple undertones and a fine silver shimmer.    This particular eye shadow is pretty versatile because it can be used as a crease colour, used in the outer V of the lid to deepen a look, or you can apply it all over the lid and a little into the crease and blend out the edges for a quick put together look. Personally, I usually use this in the outer V and a little into the crease.

Left: normal swatch; Right: Satin Taupe blended out
Satin Taupe is one of those universally flattering shades that I think would look amazing on all skin tones and with all eye colours.  Satin Taupe is a frost finish eye shadow with absolutely phenomenal pigmentation.  This eye shadow does not have any chunky glitter, so pesky fallout is not an issue.

Each MAC eyeshadow contains 1.5g/0.05 oz of product and retails for $15 US and $18 CND.  Satin Taupe is part of the permanent collection and can be found at any MAC store/counter and online at maccosmetics.com 

What's your favourite MAC eye shadow?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...