Saturday, June 16, 2012

MAC Lovelorn: Review & Swatches!

 Hey everyone,
Today's featured product is one of my all time favourite lipsticks, MAC Lovelorn.  This is a lustre finish lipstick and it is a beautiful slightly blue toned medium pink shade.


Lustre finishes are my favourite lipstick formulation from MAC as they're both really creamy and add a lot of shine to the lips.  This lipstick is no exception to that, I don't even need to wear a lip gloss over top of Lovelorn.  A problem that I constantly have with lipsticks is that as the day goes on they make my lips feel really dry and chapped.  I do not have this problem with lustre finishes.  They keep my lips feeling and looking full and moisturized. 


This has a very smooth texture and applies evenly on the lips which is great.  When first applied, Lovelorn looks like a MLBB rosey pink colour, but can be easily built up to its full medium pink colour.  It's a very feminine yet playful shade, so I think that it's suitable to wear during the day to give the face a fresh look; as well, it can be worn as an alternative to the typical nude lipstick at night to pair with a dark smokey eye.  As for wear time, this is a lustre finish so the wear time generally isn't as great as other lipsticks.  I would say that on me it lasts about 2-3 hours before I need to reapply it. 



Overall, I love this lipstick and I've worn it pretty much every day that I've worn lipstick since I purchased it in early May.  This is actually the lipstick I wore to my prom!  If you're looking for an every day medium pink lipstick, I highly recommend checking out Lovelorn!

Would you wear it?


5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...