Monday, June 11, 2012

MAC Cultured Lipglass: Review & Swatches!


Hey Everyone,
Cultured, which retails for $14.50 US and $17.50 CND, is a beautiful opaque rose pink colour with tiny flecks of gold glitter.  The glitter is very subtle on the lips but adds a gorgeous sheen.  I purchased this shade in early May, and i will admit that it's actually my first MAC lip glass, and I'm very impressed with it and will definitely be going back for more! (Pink Lemonade...I have my eye on you)!


 I feel like it gives my lips a really nice, natural flush of colour without being too much for every day wear.  Cultured looks really great paired with both neutral and dramatic looks.  I feel like this lip gloss would suit most skin tones. 

Once swatched on my hand - similar to when it's on the lips - the glitter is much more subtle!
This lip gloss, like all of MAC's lip glosses, is extremely sticky which for me isn't really a problem unless I wear it on a really windy day and am wearing my hair down...than I have some issues with it, but I digress.  I find that it lasts 3-4 hours on my lips before I need to reapply, depending on whether I eat or drink.  The stickiness is what makes it such a long lasting lip gloss.  As well, it has a light vanilla scent, which is an added bonus! 


The only dupe I could find in my collection is Arbonne Lustre Lip Polish in 'Posh'.  They're in the same colour family and both have flecks of gold glitter, however Posh is a little more of a cooler pink.

The beautiful shimmer is much more visible on this paper swatch!
Cultured is a gorgeous lip gloss, and I can't wait to purchase more MAC lip glosses!  Which are your favourites?

8 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous colour :)

    This looks great for an everyday look

    i love the small of MAC lip products too :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is! & Right? They smell like vanilla birthday cake..how could anyone not love the scent? haha
      Thanks for commenting,
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  2. I really like MAC's Lipglass in Pink Poodle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a gorgeous colour! I'll check it out next time I go to MAC!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  3. I have both of those colours and just love them!! They are perfect for everyday
    use, great review!

    Lacey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I'm glad you love them as much as I do! :)
      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...