Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Color - Punch Drunk: Review & Swatches


Hey everyone,
 A look i've really been digging lately is a fresh, natural face of makeup, applying Urban Decay's 'Sin' eye shadow all over my lid, inner corner and along the inner third of my bottom lash line and applying a really bright, fun lip color.  A few months ago I picked up a couple of the UD Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colors in Fbomb and Punch Drunk and lately, Punch Drunk has become the colour to reach for when I want a bright, unexpected lip color to go with the rest of my natural makeup.

What I love about these lip colors is that they deliver bright, opaque color in a convenient chubby pencil form.

 The packaging is very convenient as the color of the packaging is the same color as the lip shade itself which makes finding it in your bag or makeup drawer really easy.  My one concern is that the product does not twist up like the tarte lip stains do.  You have to go out and purchase a sharpener big enough to  sharpen it, and each time you sharpen it you waste about 1 to 2 uses which is pretty inconvenient.


Punch Drunk is a bright orange color with a creamy consistency.  Trust me when I say that this color is not for the faint hearted.  If you are the kind of person who does not like a lot of attention, I wouldn't recommend this shade because when you wear it you will definitely get some attention from passerby's.

A trick I learned is to either apply a little bit to the middle of your lips and spread it out with your fingers to sheer out the colour, making it less intense or to apply a really light layer than blot it in order to subdue the colour a bit.  What I really like to do is apply a light layer, blot it and than add a peachy pink lip gloss on top.  My lips are still bright and unexpected, but just toned down a little.

Punch Drunk swatched, and than blended out.

It is very opaque and lasts on lips for about 5-6 hours before it begins to fade.  I find that the formula stays wet on your lips for about 2-3 hours before it dries down to a sort of stain and loses the majority of its glossiness.  I have eaten and drank with this lipstick on with minimal transfer, so it's very long lasting.  The formula is non drying, so even when it has died down to a drier stain, my lips still feel moisturized.  However, i've noticed that as it starts to dry my lips get a little itchy which is kind of concerning.

The Super Saturated High Gloss lip colors retail for $19 US, and $22 CND.
What do you think of Punch Drunk? Would you wear it?


15 comments:

  1. I believe orange is the color of the brave souls. I just wish I can be brave enough to wear try this color out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're nervous about wearing a full on bright orange lip, I would recommend wearing a coral lip gloss like Revlon Coral Reef instead. Like I said, if you blot this lip stick and wear a pinky gloss on top the color is much less intense! :)
      Thanks for commenting, Gianella! I love your name!

      xx, Kels

      Delete
  2. omg i love your blog! so informative!
    now following you, hope you can too!
    faashiongeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE urban decay! :D and this is no exception! :D i think orange can work on almost anyone as well! btw love your blog (:

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's all about finding the right shade of orange for your skin tone! I might actually write a post about that. Thank you for commenting Cindy!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  4. Love this bright fun colour! I need some new lip glosses and
    think I just have to buy this colour now. Love your posts as usual!!

    Lacey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty fabulous shade, isn't it? If you're looking for some really bright, fun, long wearing lip colours than yes, I would definitely recommend checking this product out in stores! Thanks for commenting girl!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! I love how the punch drunk looks blended out! you wouldn't even think it was such a bright color!

    Bre'Anna

    check out my blog! I just posted a giveaway :)

    http://collegefashionbudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's much more subdued when blended, making it a little more wearable for day time!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  6. I would love to wear this lip colour, I really love having bright lips - I don't mind attracting the attention! Thankyou for your comment (: xox

    http://myobsessiondujour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm sure it would look lovely on you! :)
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  7. Go Here g3a52d5h27 louis vuitton fake replica bags in london replica bags turkey hermes fake o1a43z0q59 replica bags wholesale mumbai try this web-site q0f80c8z17 Ysl replica replica bags philippines

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...