Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters: NARS Roman Holiday Dupe

Hey Everyone!
I recently went out and purchased 3 of the Revlon lip butters and so far I have been very impressed with them.  I will be doing a comparison between these and the Dior Addict lipsticks, and also a full review after i've used them a little more but today's post is going to be about a Revlon dupe I stumbled across for the gorgeous NARS Roman Holiday and a comparison between the two.  


On my trip, i purchased Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait, and Red Velvet.  Once i got home and excitedly applied Strawberry Shortcake to my lips i realized that it was a great dupe for the NARS lipstick in Roman Holiday.  When swatched on my hand, it can be seen that Roman Holiday is slightly darker than Strawberry Shortcake but both are in the cool pink family.  When applied to the lips, they look the exact same. 
Revlon lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake, NARS Roman Holiday

 Since Roman Holiday is a sheer finish lipstick it doesn't last very long on the lips before you need to reapply, I would say that it and the Revlon lip butters share the same lasting power.  The biggest difference between these two lipsticks is the price difference!  Strawberry Shortcake retails for $10.99 CND and around $7-8 US while Roman Holiday retails for $30 CND. 


In the picture above I applied Revlon's Stawberry Shortcake to the left side of my lips, and NARS Roman Holiday to the right side and they look like the exact same lipstick.  Both are sheer yet buildable, have a glossy finish, and feel moisturizing on the lips.
 
Another huge difference is the packaging.  I really love the NARS packaging because it looks and feels sleek; however, you have to actually look at the bottom of the lipstick to see which shade is which.  I kind of prefer the packaging on the lip butters because the colour of the cap matches the colour of the lipstick inside and the top of the cap is clear so you can actually see the colour.  This makes finding a particular colour no hassle at all.  

If you have had your eye on Roman Holiday for a while, but you're not willing to part with the money, the Revlon lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake is a fantastic dupe for it.

10 comments:

  1. OMG Thank you so much for this-- I have been searching for a dupe to the Revlon one for a while and you found it for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm so glad that this post helped end your search, Justine! :)

      xx, Kels

      Delete
  2. wish I had seen your post earlier! i already had the revlon lipbutter in strawyberry short cake and just went and picked nars roman holiday! :)

    www.erikadwyer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! That sucks but at least you have a spare when one of them runs out! Thanks for commenting, Erika!
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  3. Hey Kelsey! During my last trip to Sephora, the saleslady (who was super nice) suggested me to try on the NARS Roman Holiday. It looked gorgeous on me, but I was a little tight on my budget. It was so expensive so I was so upset that I didn't bring enough money. THANK GOD I discovered ur post!! I'm glad that u found a dupe for my long-coveted lipstick! Gosh I can't thank u enough! I'm gonna get the lipbutter ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that this post helped you find the perfect dupe for Roman Holiday. NARS lipsticks are great quality, but they're also extremely expensive. The formulation of Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake is SO similar and the colour on the lips is an exact dupe, so you're absolutely not missing out on anything by purchasing the Revlon one instead, just saving a few dollars! haha
      Thank you so much for commenting,
      xx, Kels

      Delete
  4. this is a great review! thank you! you just saved me a lot of money. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelsey,

    I just stumbled across your blog, and look forward to reading it regularly!

    I have both the Revlon Strawberry Shortcake and NARS Roman Holiday, and I prefer the latter. It's a lot pricier, but I find that for my heavily pigmented South Asian lips, I'm able to achieve a much brighter and lighter shade of pink with the Roman Holiday. The Revlon SS gives me a more subtle pink, which I also prefer sometimes.

    Also, have you tried the NARS Jungle Red lipstick? What do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! My lips aren't very pigmented, so on me, both shades look the same on my lips! I haven't tried Jungle Red lipstick yet, but I do own Red Lizard and it's my absolute favorite red lipstick. I'll be doing a review on it soon!

      xx, Kels

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...