Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vera Wang: Lovestruck review

Hey Everyone!
A fragrance inspired by young romance and fronted by the beautiful Leighton Meester, Vera Wang’s ‘Lovestruck’ has definitely struck my fancy.  After an entire month of lusting after it, I finally went out and purchased this fragrance in September and today I’m going to review it for you.
Source

I would describe this scent as a warm, fruity, floral, very feminine scent.  Vera describes this as a modern twist on Romeo and Juliet, and when I smell it I am definitely reminded of romance and love.   The scent reminds me of a more grown up version of ‘princess’ so if you liked the original ‘princess’ I think you’ll like this fragrance.  Lovestruck has top notes of pink guava and angelica flower, a mid note of tuberose, and a base of precious woods and sheer musk.  Lovestruck smells absolutely divine and is a scent that is sweet and youthful without smelling childish.  

To be honest I’m not sure how I feel about the bottle.  It is a rectangular prism with the word ‘Lovestruck’ scrawled out on the front in a pink font.  The topper has what I believe to be plastic hollow tulips on it, with purple tulle wrapped around the neck.  It’s definitely very pretty, but when I look at it I’m reminded too much of the Marc Jacobs perfume line.  

Lovestruck is definitely a very Spring/Fall scent and I think it’s one of those fragrances that can be pulled off during both the day and night time.  I think that it’s a given, but this is a very date appropriate scent.  I am so glad I bought this; it smells delicious and works very well with my body chemistry.  I have to say that this is probably my favourite new fragrance of the year. 
    

Prices are as Follows for the Eau de Parfum:
.35 oz roller ball - $22 US, $25 CND
1 oz - $48 US, $52 CND
1.7 oz -  $68 US, $79 CND
3.4 oz - $78 US, $105 CNS
5 oz body lotion - $45 US, $47.25 CND

 I love the advert for this fragrance, so playful and fun! 


Does this perfume have you ‘Lovestruck’?

4 comments:

  1. Lovestruck is definitely on my Perfumes To Buy list!!

    I tried it in a store yesterday and thought it smelled gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to me a couple months ago! Maybe put it on your Christmas list? Thanks for commenting! - Kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog. That perfume looks gorgeous! ♥

    http://girlbehindascreen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this one last week and i have no regrets buying it.


    discount cologne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...