Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color: Fbomb Review and Swatches!

Hey Everyone!
The Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss lip colors is described as UD's first ever creamy, very pigmented chubby lip pencil.  The line offers a range of 5 bright, fun lip colors that deliver rich, opaque coverage like a lipstick, while having a glossy finish like a lip gloss.  A couple months ago I went out to my local Sephora to check these pencils out.  Amazed by the bright hues and sparkles, I opted for the classic and epically named red shade, Fbomb.



Fbomb is a creamy bright medium-dark red shade with slightly blue undertones. I think that this lip pencil would look great on a number of skin tones. The picture I took of my bare lips was taken after the one where I'm wearing the lipstick which goes to show that this can be completely washed off quite easily).  It is very opaque and lasts on lips for about 6 hours before it begins to fade.  I find that the formula stays wet on your lips for about 2-3 hours before it dries down to a sort of red stain and loses the majority of its glossiness.  I have eaten and drank with this lipstick on with minimal transfer, so it's very long lasting.  The formula is non drying, so even when it has died down to a drier stain, my lips still stay moisturized.  

 The packaging is very convenient as the color of the packaging is the same color as the lip shade itself which makes finding it in your bag or makeup drawer really easy.  My one concern is that the product does not twist up like the tarte lip stains do.  You have to go out and purchase a sharpener big enough to  sharpen it, and each time you sharpen it you waste about 1 to 2 uses which is pretty inconvenient.

You do not need  a lip brush to apply this bright lip color as you have more control with it then you would with a tube.  Normally, I outline the shape of my lips first, and fill them in second.  I apply one layer for a day time look, and add more to deepen the color and make it last longer for night time.  

These lip pencils come in 5 shades, and trust me when I say they are not for the faint hearted.  The colors include this beautiful red, an intense coral, a bright fuchsia, and 2 glittery raspberry shades.   I really hope that they come out with more day time pinks and neutrals in the future. 


Natural lips.
UD Fbomb, light layer applied.
Over all, I love this product it is definitely a win on Urban Decay's part. If you don't mind the sharpening issue, and the fact that these are definitely more of a lipstick than a lip gloss than I recommend giving these a whirl.  The Super Saturated High Gloss lip colors retail for $19 US, and $22 CND.

What's your favorite red lipstick?


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I wanna try this! It looks so good :)

    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The colour looks gorgeous! So vibrant!

    :-) x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...